Solve Below-Ground Problems Without Above-Ground Disruptions
We often take sewer systems for granted because, let’s face it, they’re out of sight and usually out of mind—until there’s a problem. The professionals at Dwyer are experts in sewer lining repair by utilizing a relatively new cost-saving technique called “lining” that eliminates the need for heavy-duty excavation machines tearing up your lawn, driveway, sidewalk and the roots of your 100-year-old oak tree. Most sewer lining repairs—rebuilding the pipe from the inside—can be done in a day because there is no digging involved.
What Is ‘Lining’?
Sewer lining creates a cured-in-place pipe (CIPP) within a pipe and doesn’t require the damaged sewer pipe to be exposed through excavation. Sewer lining repairs can be used to fix and replace leaking, cracked and backed-up sewer pipes. The sewer lining process inserts an epoxy-saturated pipe tubing into the damaged sewer pipe. The new tubing is inflated and cured into place with steam, hot air or blue light LED technology. The result is a new seal that lines the walls of the broken pipe and can last for up to 50 years. It can be done for a small section or the entire length of the pipe.
Steps to Our Sewer Lining Process
- Clean existing pipes with hydro jet and descaling to remove blockages and debris.
- Perform sewer camera inspection to locate where there is damage to the pipes.
- Measure size of existing pipes.
- Prepare replacement pipe tubing, which is a long fabric polyester tube saturated with a self-hardening epoxy resin.
- Expertly pull the replacement tubing through the walls and put it into place inside the damaged pipes with an internal balloon that is expanded with air pressure to allow the epoxy to adhere to the existing pipes.
- Cure the tube to create the new seal within the existing pipes. Draw out moisture from the tube using either hot air, steam curing or blue light LED curing (fastest) so it can solidify in place.
- Perform final camera inspection to ensure sewer pipes are ready for use.
Why Choose Sewer Lining
Here are some of the smart reasons to select sewer lining:
- Your property is spared digging or excavation, preserving sidewalks, driveways and trees.
- You’ll avoid the risk of damaging underground utility lines.
- Your sewer lining repairs won’t stop traffic in the neighborhood.
- This process improves integrity of the pipes by reducing erosion and preventing root intrusion.
- You’ll notice improved flow in your pipes.
- The work will take less time than traditional sewer pipe repairs.
- You’ll enjoy significant money savings by avoiding excavation and the costs of repaving a driveway or resodding a lawn.
Schedule Your Sewer Lining Project Today!
Call Dwyer today at 703.922.8220 or contact us online to learn more about our sewer lining services or to schedule your appointment. We cover a wide area in Northern Virginia, including Alexandria, VA, Annandale, VA, Arlington, VA, Fairfax Station, VA, Burke, VA, Fairfax, VA, Falls Church, VA, Lorton, VA, Springfield, VA, and McLean, VA (east of I-495).