Has the Know-How to Handle Gas Line Problems
Gas lines are a vital part of homes, restaurants and other commercial facilities in Northern Virginia. Gas lines power many basic appliances like stoves, water heaters, furnaces, clothes dryers and more. Gas line issues can quickly become dangerous, that’s why it’s essential you have Dwyer on speed dial (703.922-8220) so we can send out our highly trained technicians if a problem arises. We service, repair and install gas lines in Alexandria, VA, and surrounding areas.
We Take Gas Leaks Seriously & So Should You
Natural gas is odorless and can be dangerous because of its toxic nature and lack of smell. That’s why gas companies like Washington Gas add a substance to natural gas called mercaptan, which creates a foul smell so you can quickly tell if there is a leak. If you suspect a gas leak, notify your gas company immediately! Once you do, you will need a licensed plumbing professional to repair your gas leak. Dwyer is available for gas line repair 24 hours a day. If you’re unfamiliar with gas lines, you might be unsure how to tell when it’s time to call us about a repair. Here are a few telltale signs:
- If you notice an unpleasant “rotten egg” smell in your home, this is one of the most obvious signs of a gas leak. If you smell this, leave your home and call your gas company immediately.
- If you hear hissing noises coming from your walls, it could be a faulty or leaking gas line. Again, be safe rather than sorry and call your gas company.
- If you’re suddenly becoming dizzy or nauseated in your home, get yourself and your family out into the fresh air and call your gas company—especially if these symptoms happen while you also notice that rotten egg smell.
- If plants around the outside of your home are suddenly starting to wither and deteriorate, it could be a sign of an exterior problem with your gas line.
- If your gas bill skyrockets for no other explainable reason, there’s a good chance there is a leak or your line is otherwise damaged and needs to be repaired.
Contact Us for Your Gas Line Needs
Remember, our licensed, professional gas line technicians are available 24/7 to respond to an emergency. Call 703.922.8220 for action. In addition to repairing gas lines, we can completely replace your old system with a new one. We also move gas lines if you are remodeling your home or relocating gas appliances. We offer safety inspections and pressure testing, as well as products like flexible gas lines, appliance gas lines, grill gas lines and more. If you do any kind of exterior home modifications or build new items on your property, call to ensure your grounds are inspected so you don’t accidentally hit or dig up a gas line while having work done. Contact us to schedule your gas line service if you live in the following areas: Alexandria, VA, Annandale, VA, Arlington, VA, Fairfax Station, VA, Burke, VA, Fairfax, VA, Falls Church, VA, Lorton, VA, Springfield, VA, and McLean, VA (east of I-495).