Keep the lights on with Dwyer
Let’s face it, there’s no good time for a power outage. Winter flurries with iced out power lines, wind and rain storms in the fall or spring, living in northern Virginia keeps you on your toes every season of the year. With a Generac whole-home generator, you can keep the lights on and weather any storm with ease and comfort. Save yourself the candle wax and flashlight search, relying on your generator keeps life rolling even through bad weather bouts.
Power’s Out, So What?
It’s easy to idealize a moment or two without power, an evening of board games with the glow of candles burning in the hallways. But let’s be real… power outages can last hours and even days. These are the risks you may face without a generator:
- Perishable food waste when your refrigerator and freezer stop running.
- Risking personal health hazards when you can’t access medical equipment that needs electricity to run like a CPAP machine or oxygen therapy equipment.
- Potential harm to pets that rely on water an air filters or heat lamps.
- Flooding in your home when your sump pump doesn’t turn on.
- No water usage if your system is electrically run.
- Increased environmental stress with no lights, heat, and power.
Life is full of enough challenges and obstacles. Save yourself the inconvenience and potential risks listed above by setting yourself up for success. Generac’s whole-home generators have your back during every outage emergency. Their automatic sensors kick on when your electricity goes out, powering your home and critical appliances. Your unit will run for a couple hours or a couple weeks, shutting off only when the power has been restored.
See how it works:
Keep It Up: Caring for Your Generator
Just like any home comfort unit, the life of your generator depends on how you take care of your system. Neglecting your unit and relying on it without proper maintenance is a sure way to shorten its lifespan. Consider these steps for proper care, and as always, call Dwyer with any questions or service needs.
When was your last tune up?
- Scheduling your generator’s annual maintenance is the best way to stay informed about the health of your unit. Annual or bi-annual tune ups by a Dwyer technician can catch small issues before they turn into large costly repairs. Our technicians will also be able to let you know when a replacement is the better option, saving you money on band aid repairs, and finding the right reliable unit for your home and budget.
Have you kept up with care?
- Generators operate similarly to cars. They use natural gas to power their functions and need clean oil and filters to efficiently transfer power to your home. If is best for the health of your engine to change your unit’s oil and filters every six months. Our Dwyer technician can take care of that in your scheduled tune-up service.
Has it been a minute?
- Another similarity to cars is frequency. It’s important to run your engine once every few months to ensure proper and reliable functioning. If you haven’t been hit with an outage recently (that’s great!) but flip on your generator regardless. Keeping your engine humming once every few months means it’ll be ready to run when an emergency hits.
Are you paying attention?
- When your generator starts talking to you, it’s best you listen up! Odd noises or delayed start times are indicators that something is wrong with your unit. The issue may just be from lack of use if you haven’t turned it on in a while, but it’s best to call a Dwyer technician to come take a look to make sure your unit is properly cared for.
Trust Us for Your Generator Repairs and Installs
Dwyer is proud to be independent of all other heating companies and their trade names. We are an accredited member of the Metropolitan Washington, D.C., Better Business Bureau with an A+ rating. Contact us online or call 703.922.8220 for your generator service if you sense something’s awry with your unit. If you require emergency generator repairs, we’re available 24/7. We service most of the Northern Virginia area, including Alexandria, VA; Annandale, VA; Arlington, VA; Fairfax Station, VA; Burke VA; Fairfax, VA, Falls Church, VA, Lorton, VA, Springfield, VA, Vienna, VA, Woodbridge, VA; Great Falls, VA; Manassas, VA; Clifton, VA; Oakton, VA; Chantilly, VA; Centerville, VA; and McLean, VA. All work is backed by our warranty.