Sewer lines and water lines: they’re not usually something homeowners think about… unless they’re causing problems. Then you better believe sewer lines will be on their mind! If you’re researching sewer line or water line issues, chances are you’re trying to resolve a problem before it gets worse. For 90 years, thousands of Northern Virginia residents have chosen Dwyer Plumbing to identify and repair their sewer line and water line problems. In those 90 years, we’ve seen it all: including century-old terra cotta sewer pipe that read “Made in the City of Alexandria.”
Master Plumber Dan Cochran has been in the trade since 1978, and was a Plumbing Apprenticeship Instructor in Fairfax County for 24 years. All of that is to say that we know our stuff, and we’re here to help you. When you choose Dwyer Plumbing for your sewer needs, you’re getting seasoned experts in your corner.
Sewer Line Repair
If your sewer line is causing problems—like backing up, draining slowly, or leaking—Dwyer Plumbing can perform a video inspection to identify the cause(s) and location(s) of what’s causing trouble. Typically, the issue stems from tree roots that have cracked through the sewer line. This allows debris to build up and cause unfortunate backups. In some cases, these sewer problems mean that items have made their way into your sewer lines and caused a blockage. One factor people don’t typically think of when considering sewer line problems is the material their sewer lines are made out of. Sewer lines can be made out of cast iron, terra cotta, Orangeburg, transite, ABS, and PVC—and what the sewer lines are made out of also can factor into how well they hold up to constant water and roughage. The quality of the original installation can greatly factor into the health of your sewer lines.
Dwyer Plumbing is equipped to handle any and all sewer line problems. If sewer repair is in your future, we’ll give you an honest and fair assessment. Our team of sewer repair technicians are there no matter your need.
Sewer Line Replacement
Sometimes, sewers both old and new can fail completely. When a relatively young sewer has failed, it’s almost always the result of improper sewer line installation. Dwyer Plumbing is experienced with sewer replacement. We’ve replaced sewers in many relatively new neighborhoods whose sewers were not built correctly.
In old sewers, deterioration or tree roots are usually the cause. Typically located around ten feet below the ground, replacing a sewer requires serious knowledge, skill, patience, and brawn. Dwyer Plumbing will explain the issues, present you with a DVD of the inspection, answer all of your questions, and send you a written proposal of the work to be performed.
No matter whether you need sewer repair or full sewer replacement, all sewer services performed by Dwyer Plumbing are backed by our warranty for your confidence and peace of mind.
Why Choose Dwyer?
- Family-owned and locally-operated — we care about our reputation in the community
- Honest, up-front pricing — no surprise costs or fake discounts
- Friendly staff — our employees come to Dwyer and stay for the long term. We’re a good place to work because we hire only the best and the friendliest. We value our employees.
- Warrantied Work — we stand behind our work, and we’ll always be here if an issue ever arises (unlike those mysterious white vans
- Usually same day service — for all service work we’ll be out there the same day
- No pressure — our employees aren’t paid on commission, unlike most of our competitors. Companies that pay on commission aren’t doing a service to their customers, they’re often trying to sell you something you don’t need.
- We do it right the first time — we take the time to ensure that we’re not wasting yours
- Local Expertise — our staff has been serving the area for decades, we know the nuances of the neighborhood sewers, construction, water pressure, etc. We know Northern Virginia.